Think You Have What It Takes To Care For Our Treasured Residents?
Check out our care jobs Sheffield page
Here at Vitality Care Homes, we have an extremely dedicated, compassionate and highly motivated team of staff caring for our residents.
Please make sure you include your telephone number and contact details in the contacts section so that we can get back in touch.
Enter your details in the form below.
Current Job Vacancies
Job Title: Senior Night Carer
Job Setting: Norwood Grange Care Home, Sheffield
Hours: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Pay: £8.85 an hour
Vitality Care Homes are looking for a Senior Care Assistant to work nights at Norwood Grange in Sheffield
- Assisting with Personal Care, including skin care, bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting (including management of bladder & bowels), dressing, hair care.
- Enabling mobility, including Moving & Handling transfers, pushing wheelchair, checking of specialist equipment e.g. wheelchair seat cushion, driving of clients vehicle, as directed (if applicable).
- Dietetics, including assistance with menu planning, preparing, serving and storing of foods.
- Assist client to fulfil activities of daily living e.g. working, leisure, and education.
- Dealing with medications as prescribed by medical team.
- Dealing with correspondence & financial matters as requested.
- Day to day household tasks e.g. changing beds, laundry, ironing, shopping.
- Respect for client confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Reporting & Recording as per company procedure, including any changes to your client's care needs.
- Commitment for identifying & fulfilling ongoing personal development.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Observation and mentoring of Personal Assistants on shadow shift.
- Completion of Observation and training records.
- Covering shifts at short notice.
- Two years proven care experience in a work setting
- Willing to undertake Health and Social Care Diploma training if required
- Awareness of maintaining professional boundaries at all times
- Independent, self-motivated and organised; with ability to work as part of the team
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful completion of our in house induction training
- Excellent time keeping
- Willing to work unsociable hours
- Valid visa (if applicable)
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care / NVQ level 2/3 / BTEC level 2/3 (equivalent qualification is after 2010 only) / CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare / NNEB or any other Health and Social Care equivalent qualifications
Hours of work and Benefits:
- 44 contracted hours per week, this will include shift cover (day and night shifts) and some weekends
- £8.85 p/h dependent on qualifications
- Annual Leave - 28 days. You will be expected to work Bank Holidays
- Auto enrolment into Nest pension Scheme
- Access to funded training
- Free on-site Parking
- Senior : 1 year (Required)
Vitality Care Homes is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
If you are interested in this role and have the above requirements and qualities, please in the first instance send your full Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org